Recycling guidelines for regulated E-waste (Part 2)
ALBA Integrated Waste Solutions (HK) Limited (ALBA IWS) is the regulated e-waste recycler approved by the Environmental Protection Department of HKSAR government. It provides free doorstep collection services for air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines, televisions, computers, monitors, printers, and scanners, which are 8 types of regulated electrical appliances in Hong Kong. Under the current regulations, there are certain restrictions on the types and specifications (such as size and capacity) of recyclable electrical appliances. For those who want to know if their old appliances can be collected by ALBA IWS, please note the following guidelines:
– Desktops, laptops, and tablets are all accepted.
– Scanners that weigh 30 kg or less are accepted.
– Printers that weigh 30 kg or less are accepted.
– Printers with photocopying, faxing, or scanning functions are also accepted.
– Monitors with screen sizes ranging from 5.5 to 100 inches (measured diagonally) are accepted.
If you have any electrical appliances for recycling that do not meet the above specifications, please call the Environmental Protection Department hotline at 2838 3111 for further inquiries.